Saturday, February 25, 2006

Here's the deal on "Chuck A Puck"

Several people have emailed me (posting comments is cool too - hint, hint), about my blog entry on the Portland Pirates "Chuck A Puck" game. So here's the deal.

People buy pucks with numbers on them.

At some point between periods during the hockey game, the announcer tells the crowd it's time for "Chuck A Puck."

A mat is rolled out onto the ice and people throw their numbered pucks that they purchased at the ticket gate before the game from the designated throwing area (which is in the stands near the center line).

There are prize areas on the mat so any pucks landing on those spots wins something (t-shirt, hat, etc.).

I don't know all the details of the game, but that's the basic gist of it. And this video clip offers a demonstration of the fun.

If anyone has any other details, post a comment. I might not have got it exactly right; I am a new fan.

And just as a side note, I'd love to have those "Chuck A Puck" people with the brooms come home with me to clean up my floors.

No comments: