Saturday, February 25, 2006

Fun on the Common

The kids brought their ice skates to Massachusetts in hopes of doing some skating during our mini-vacation. During our last trip to Boston, the kids wished they had brought their skates to try out Frog Pond on Boston Common. So on this visit, we met up with a friend who lives in Davis Square and he drove us to the Common with our ice skates so we didn't have to drag them on the T (I hate driving in downtown Boston so thanks Craig!).





The kids' verdict on skating on Frog Pond:
    The ice is yucky and all chewed up. It's too crowded. It was fun but I like the indoor rinks at home better.
We had a good time but the kids are spoiled with the indoor rinks in the Portland area. Ice on an outdoor rink just can't measure up.

After skating, we went to a bagel shop for some hot cocoa and a snack. I can't remember the name of the place but the kids and I were totally entertained by the way they sliced their bagels.

We ordered a bagel and it was sent down a conveyor belt with a metal spinning wheel. We thought it was a novelty to watch the bagel move down the belt but when it got to the wheel, I jumped in surprise.

The noise scared me initially because I didn't expect it, nor did I think I'd see the bagel flying down the belt afterwards.

What was really funny though (or scary depending on your perspective) is that we found this "bagel belt" so entertaining. We took a picture of it.


Took a quick video clip and basically lived up to the stereotype a lot of Massachusetts people have of folks in Maine.

But really, it was quite entertaining...

No comments: