Monday, January 1, 2007

Ringing in new year with Pirates

It was a bummer the Pirates lost the game last night but the girls and I decided that they didn't play as well as they usually do because they're still adjusting to the trade losses and their new players.

And I have just have to say that in my humble, new-to-the-game opinion that the Pirates DID score a goal during the game even though it was ruled a no-goal by the officials. Actually, that was what prompted a big fight on the ice near the Hartford goal. Even the Pirates goalie (Grumet-Morris) skated into the melee to wrestle - and pin - the Hartford goalie. That's not an every game occurrence.

The scoreboard even showed the replay of the action several times and it was REALLY clear that the puck cleared the line. The crowd - including the girls and grandpa - were in a really big huff about that!

OK, I'm still trying to get over it and hoping Eric Weinrich, the assistant coach for the Portland Pirates, will blog about the call. Anyway, I just wish I had my camera out at the time; instead I only caught a piece of the aftermath...



Before the game I was taking photos for Seen Team. When the girls walked into the Civic Center with grandpa (they caught a ride with grandpa since I had to work at the office earlier) they knew immediately that I had already arrived. They thought this sight was highly amusing.



Actually, the crowd at the game last night was great. There were a lot of festive revelers and it made taking photos for Seen Team even more enjoyable.
Seen Team at the game



During Chuck-A-Puck someone's puck landed in the center circle for the $1,000 cash prize but then was knocked out by another puck. All around a scoreless night for Mainers last night.

The after-game celebration and fireworks show was also a lot of fun. We've never really taken them out to any major event for New Year's Eve and they really enjoyed the fireworks show.



Happy 2007 everyone!

No comments: