Thursday, May 27, 2010

Skeet shooting movie trailer, and 4H

My friend forwarded me an email about a movie trailer today because she knew I was heading to the trap shooting field range in Scarborough with my girls later this afternoon for a story I'm working on for the Telegram.

It will be our second visit to the Scarborough Fish & Game range to shoot trap (which is different than skeet, more on that later). Our first was with the girls' 4H shooting sports club a couple of weeks ago.

It's one thing to shoot a .22 rifle at a stationary target in an indoor range and quite another to shoot a shotgun at a moving target outside. It's a whole different sort of shooting experience but one the girls' 4H shooting sports club does every year. And it's always a good time, especially when the dads (and me, usually the lone mom) get a chance to try it too.

This year it was a treat for the kids to be invited to shoot trap at the competitive range at Scarborough Fish & Game and get some pointers from some top trap shooters there.


If you look closely on the left side of this picture you'll see the orange clay disc just above the tree line.



G. managed to shatter 2 out of 3 clay discs with a borrowed 20-gauge.

I'll share more about the experience in my Telegram story but let's just say that this movie trailer for "Killers" starting Ashton Kutcher and Tom Selleck (the movie is coming out June 4), struck my funny bone.



Yay 4H!


And thanks Sarah for forwarding it to me. The girls got a kick out of it too. :)

No comments: