Thursday, May 6, 2010

Odd sightings this week

Dolls in the freezer, pig taking a milk bath and a high mileage odometer reading - I've seen it all this week.


Twin dolls L. has had since she was a newborn are still an active part of her life. I guess I never realized she intentionally puts them in the freezer to make them cold. I found them there yesterday. "Mom I've been freezing them since I was little. They feel good when they're cold." Apparently they make friendly ice packs on warm days.


I was at a stop sign when I glanced down and caught the numbers on my odometer. Makes me think I should play that number in the lottery this week.


The sheep farm L. is halter training her lambs right now (they'll move to our house this weekend), there's a sweet pig named Natalia. L. loves to visit her when we're at the farm. Natalia is not so keen on her grain at the moment so she was having a little milk to ensure she was eating enough and was happy to provide some humor for us as well. This reminded L. why she enjoys pigs so much. They are funny little (big) creatures.


Drinking the milk wasn't quite enough as she purposefully dumped part of the bowl so she could roll around in the milk. Apparently this felt very nice on her skin because she rolled around for quite some time in happy piggy milk-covered bliss.



It has been an interesting week...

No comments: