Friday, May 14, 2010

Animals take over my world & required reading

L. figured out how to create signatures on her email account a while ago and since she's such a fan of pigs, she used two pig icons in her signature when she first set up her account.

Today she sent me an email with an updated signature. She has managed to track down an icon to represent each one of her animals (ones that live with us year-round as well as our temporary friends).

We've got a little of everything at our house these days and now every time I get an email from this kid it's going to remind me the lack of control I have when it comes to restraining all the animal lovers I live with from inviting more friends to live with us.








I've had a few moments this week when I've thought about how way over my head I am with all these animals. Within the past four weeks we've moved in a couple of piglets, a foster dog (a blog for another time - we can't keep him even if G. wanted to) and two sheep to join our year-round flock of poultry and three cats.

But when I come home from the office every day and I see clean pens, happy kids and content animals I realize everything will work out just fine.

A benefit of all of these animals has been that my "brain age" is quite young as I've done plenty of reading - and learning - lately. Of course I'm sure (insert sarcasm here) everyone is envious of my reading pile this past month and can't wait for my reviews of each title.

* Storey's Barn Guide to Sheep
* Raising Sheep the Modern Way
* 4H Swine Resource Handbook for Market and Breeding Projects
* Storey's Guide to Raising Pigs

No comments: