Monday, May 4, 2009

Took the plunge into life with a trampoline

After many years of indecision (on my part, the girls have been ready for YEARS) I finally let the girls buy a trampoline (they paid 2/3 of the cost, I paid the difference). And now they are both in their glory with their new toy that has them bouncing all day long, literally.

Every five minutes they're insisting I take video and/or a picture of them doing some "trick" and I have to say that's my only complaint about the trampoline. The "hey mom, come watch this!" when I'm in the middle of trying to do something else. Well, it's not really a complaint but it's been a while since I've had to be firm about leaving me alone for a couple of minutes to finish a household task.

So I suggested they take pictures of each other on the trampoline and this morning I downloaded their photos.




I don't care so much for the somersault-type flips but L.'s got them figured out and I'm drawing the line at anything backwards or higher air flips.


G. took the above photos of L's trampoline jumps but when L. took over the camera to take photos of G., she seemed to catch a different sort of action.

Do I have a Bride of Frankenstein, sans the white strip?


But she did manage to catch G. in an actual jump with her body instead of the bouffants it created.


And per the girls' request, here are some videos of their trampoline 'action.'





And because all is fair in love and blogging, there will be some video coming soon of mom on the trampoline per the girls' request as well. I agree with Notes from the Home Office that it is worth the money for all the fun we're having on this thing so far. Plus it really is a workout. The girls have been trying to teach me how to bounce on my butt and then bounce back up. That is MUCH easier said then done but my core is getting firmer by the minute trying to control that sort of bounce. Maybe I'll lose a couple of inches during my trampoline lessons this spring. Sure beats doing a round of sit-ups.

No comments: