Friday, June 5, 2009

A mini outhouse with style, an L-ism

With pigs, chickens and cats we've got a lot of waste disposal duties distributed among family members at our house. Some days I feel like there is no escaping animal poop, especially when one of the chickens decides to leave a present on the front door stoop (I always look down before taking that step now because I've stepped in a 'present' on my way to the office in my nice shoes more times than I care to remember).

Or when one of our three cats leaves a present on the rug next to the litter box (and it's never our blind cat's mistake as we could understand if he missed his mark but our female cat who is persnickety about her litter box).

But the mounds and mounds of pig waste L. deals with every day is probably the worst of the disposal duties.

So it's no surprise that L. has poop on the brain these days and decided to make an outhouse out of recycled cardboard for her Webkinz animals ("all animals have to poop mom").

Last night she decided to spray paint her outhouse metallic gold and added the final details, including a mini toilet paper holder. I questioned the gold color choice but L. explained that this was a "stylish outhouse" and I was reminded yet again of her unique and creative spirit.

"It's a bling bling outhouse, a stylish way to pee."

"It's a bling bling outhouse, a stylish way to store your manure."

I only had my cell phone handy so I used the voice recording option to capture her explanation, which I posted with a photo of her creation on YouTube (it's not really a video but was the easiest way to post it). This short clip is quintessential L. -- aka an "L-ism" as referred to by friends and family.



Being this child's mother is a test of my sense of humor as well as damage control to explain comments made out of context and just plain stamina because I never know what will come out of her mouth next. But one thing I do know (and appreciate) is that life with L. is never dull.

No comments: