Thursday, June 25, 2009

Camping, hoping for a break - or a rainbow

My living room is filled with gear for our weekend camping trip. We're headed off to the Windsor Fairgrounds at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning for Maine 4-H Days with the girls' 4-H club.

The girls have done most of the planning and organizing of our family's gear for this trip and are darn excited about camping with their friends and taking workshops at the fairgrounds (L.'s hot to trot on taking another robotics class and G.'s doing a silk painting class she is looking forward to).

As for me, I feel badly saying this but I'm not looking forward to this adventure nearly as much. I truly enjoy all my 4-H friends and I don't mind camping but this forecast is really unappealing.


But I can choose to take Girl Talk's "Light at the end of the Tunnel" post to heart today and hope for rainbows -- and that we luck out on the 50% chance of NO rain. Because sleeping in a tent in the rain and being soggy for a couple of days is just not something I'm looking forward to.

Ah the things we do for our kids.

No comments: