Friday, December 8, 2006

Weird sightings on the road

The kids and I were in traffic at an intersection in Windham the other day when we spotted at least 20 seagulls flying around the traffic lights in front of us. And as we pulled up to the light we saw several other gulls on the road weaving and dodging among the moving vehicles.

The reason: a pizza box.



The pink circle is the pizza box and although in this quick shot I took you can only see two seagulls, there were at least six on the road just a few seconds earlier.

Those gulls were really hot on the contents of that stray pizza box and did not appear to be concerned about the possibility of being hit by a car.

As I sat waiting for the light and watching the spectacle, I realized that there were a lot of seagulls in Windham and that surprised me. It really is a good distance away from the ocean.

The light eventually changed and as I made my turn, L. yelled from the backseat.

"Mommy, Mommy the pizza box flew open! And guess what?!?"

"What?" I asked and had to wait almost a minute for her and G. to stop giggling.

"There wasn't even any pizza in there. The box was empty!"

No comments: