Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Photo tips from the children

The kids and I were driving through Falmouth yesterday and spotted a deer grazing on someone's front yard shrubbery.


Another car had stopped to watch the deer so we pulled over too. Because nothing seemed to spook the deer for the few minutes we were there (other cars pulled over or slowed down to watch too), I decided to take a couple of pictures. The girls, in their best backseat driver-type way, said I needed to get out of the car for a better picture.

(G. she thinks just because she won a blue ribbon for her 4-H photography project, she's free to offer me advice now.)

But as it turned out, I did get a better picture when I got within 20 feet of the animal before she decided to take notice of me and run off.


"Good job Mommy," said L. when I returned to the car.

"Yeah, that's a really cool photo," G. told me after reviewing the digital images I had taken.

I'm so glad the kids were with me yesterday. I didn't realize how little I knew about taking pictures before they came along.

No comments: