Monday, March 27, 2006

A premonition

Yesterday we were driving past Sebago Lake in Standish on our way to a maple sugar house and the kids and I saw an ice boat with its sails full and speeding along on the ice.

We had seen that sailboat on Sebago a few weeks ago but it wasn't moving. I wanted to stop to watch it yesterday but the kids didn't. They were anxious to get to the sugar house for some ice cream and syrup.

"It will probably be the last time we can see the sailboat on the ice this year. Are you sure you don't want to stop? The ice is pretty thin now and will be gone soon," I said.

The kids were single-minded in their desire for some sweets and well, I wanted some maple syrup too so we didn't end up stopping.

Little did I know that the boat, very shortly after we drove by, would crash through the ice.

No comments: