Saturday, March 11, 2006

Bunny contest inspiration

Exchanging Flat Stanley with other families wasn't the only inspiration for the Where's Bunny? contest. Our geocaching Travel Bugs also played a part in giving us photo ideas as well.

The kids and I have loved the photos people have taken of our Travel Bugs, particularly the ones in New Zealand. The photo of Hiking Doggie with the blue wedding cake was priceless. Not that I have a lot of experience with weddings (my own being in Vegas with Elvis), but my take on the big day for people who go through all that hoopla is not about some stranger's geocaching Travel Bug...

We have some other favorite pictures as well.

"Hey mom, Hiking Doggie is getting to meet other dogs in New Zealand! That's cool!" (you can just see him in the bottom lip of the dog)
Annika The Hiker doesn't have nearly as many photos as Hiking Doggie, but the beach shot in her gallery cracks me up.


Then there are our domestic Travel Bugs like Lilo the Swimmer. She posed for a photo a tidal pool "with a starfish hat." At the moment, she is hanging out in northern Maine on the Canadian border.


And we can't forget Ronny, who "loves to eat cheeseburgers and french fries" (a kindred spirit with the girls). He's in Vermont right now.


Not that I have to prove the point that my family is a little over-the-top (most know we are), but that there are lots of other people just like us. I mean, it's pretty funny - total strangers all over the world taking our various toys and flat, laminated characters and posing them for photos.

It's great.

No comments: