Sunday, July 26, 2009

Clouds in the sky

The morning rain and intermittent thunderstorms today have produced some interesting cloud formations and G., my aspiring photographer, grabbed a camera and took a few photos of the white puffy clouds overhead a few minutes ago.






There is a peek of blue sky and sun right now but further on the horizon the sky has swirls of dark blue and black and I can hear the rumble of thunder so another storm is on its way as I type.

All the steady rain lately has been a real drag but there is some beauty in watching, and listening, to a summer thunderstorm roll in and out of town (from the safety of an inside-the-house vantage point). This is the sort of rain -- and heavy air (humidity) -- we usually see in July.

Not that I hope unsettled weather like this continues but at least I feel like maybe, just maybe, summer really has (finally) arrived in Maine.

No comments: