Friday, April 21, 2006

Chickenland troubles, or not

I'm just getting back to work after our holiday vacation and sifting through our photos so more on that later.

During Easter dinner, the story of the night before we left Maine for our trip provided lots of entertainment value for family members.

Fino woke up around midnight hearing a rooster crowing. He thought a predator was trying to get into 'Chickenland' (L.'s nickname for our chicken coop) so he jumped out of bed, grabbed his gun and ran outside while unlocking the trigger lock (I don't like guns but Fino's an ex-Army guy so I cut him some slack because he really does know how to use them). He checked around Chickenland and couldn't find anything amiss.

The girls had woken up (I slept through the whole thing) and asked him what was going on when he came back into the house. He told them everything was fine and to go back to bed.

Then the rooster crowing started again.

It turned out that Fino had inadvertently set the alarm clock on his cell phone and the crowing was the alarm sound.

I really wish I had been awake when he figured that out.

No comments: