Monday, December 19, 2005

Screaming for the Pirates

Yesterday we met some friends to see a Portland Pirates game. Bunny and the Flat Stanleys we're hosting came along for the fun.






This was G. and L.'s first live hockey game and they weren't sure they liked all the checking and fighting.

"Ooooh mommy his face smashed against the glass! That rat guy wasn't very nice."

"I am happy the Pirates won but I feel sad for the other team. They look sad."

Yeah I know, they need a little more exposure to live sporting events.

The highlight of the game was the slapstick goal by the Pirates at a face-off and everyone jumped out of their seats to cheer. And of course, Crackers, Salty Pete, the popcorn, nachos and soda were big hits with the kids - and Bunny had his share of popcorn too.




But I think the best part, particularly for L., was screaming her lungs out along with her friend - something I don't generally encourage at home....

No comments: