Saturday, September 17, 2005

Massachusetts is a goat

L., my 7-year-old, always has an interesting perspective on things. A couple of months ago she thought the state of Texas looked like a pair of underwear. And for a while she was on a roll about what some of the other states looked like (Florida was an arm, California was a broken arm, Maine was a big head and so on).

The novelty wore off after a week or so and she hadn't mentioned the state shapes again until last night.

Just out of the blue she said, "I think Massachusetts is a goat mommy."

What are you talking about honey?

You know, Massachusetts is shaped like a goat.

I don't see that. How?

Patiently she replied - as if I wasn't too bright, "The horn is Cape Cod and the head is the bottom part of Massachusetts. Look at it and you'll see."

So over to the wall map I went to investigate.

And you know I think the little firecracker is right.

No comments: