Friday, September 11, 2009

Sights on the disc golf course

We've been to the Pleasant Hill disc golf course in Scarborough a couple of times recently because we've had so much fun playing the game. Each time, G. has grabbed the camera to take photos between holes. You might see understand part of the appeal of the game to my nature-loving kids when stop to look beyond the flying discs and metal baskets around the course.



Fino was disappointed he missed our first trip to the course so he came along on the second one. He had the girls in fits of giggles at his disc golf throwing technique, which he totally hammed up on the Gold Dragon 18-hole course (we played the Silver Dragon 9-hole course previously and would highly recommend for kids as a nice do-able introduction to the game).

When we took a break on the course, I summed up the experience of playing disc golf with my husband on my Twitter account like this:
    Fino has multiple ways to throw his disc and most involve lots of leg action. Unlike me he does sound effects too. Makes me look normal.
I did catch some video of his throwing technique that includes a suggestion from his oldest daughter about "that's not how you throw it daddy," just before his disc hit a tree.

After being the target of teasing about my leg "action" by my progeny I was happy to re-focus the attention on Fino's antics. His really were much more amusing (that's a guy for you). But truth-be-told he is a much better player than the Almeida females so although the girls and I had a bit of fun putting together this video, he did mostly kick our butts par-wise on the course.



Oh, and the girls suggested I share a picture of their dad carrying around his seltzer water because it was pretty cute. He forgot his backpack and mine was full with kid-related stuff and my camera so he had no choice by to use one of the grocery store bags in the car instead (it's a good idea to bring along water because a couple of hours on the course can make you thirsty and there are no water fountains around). He fit in just fine with the various coolers carried around by other players.



You never know what you might see during a disc golf game. Cute guys toting bags, birds, trees, frogs, etc. It's a free-for-all afternoon of fun.



No comments: