Friday, April 24, 2009

Mystery picture downloads and bubbles fun

I downloaded photos from my digital camera last night and it took a long time because the memory card, a 4GB, was maxed out.

Why?

Because the girls grab the camera and take pictures of random things. But they aren't ones to take a few photos and call it good. Nope, they take hundreds of a particular subject (usually our cats or other animals in our lives). I have thousands of pictures (no exaggeration) of cats/animals on our computer and it rivals the number of kid-related photos on my hard drive.

Every once in a while I download photos from my camera only to find out about nefarious activities the kids have been up to when I'm not at home. Like the time they photographed a chicken eating food out of the cat dish in my kitchen.

Taken June 2006.

This picture was wrong for so many reasons but since I had unwittingly downloaded it at the office, my co-workers got a big kick out of it and convinced me it was blog-worthy and not something to get worked up about. But the girls and I did have a chat about restraint in letting chickens in to my kitchen.

So as you can see, the mystery picture downloading is nothing new for me.

And sometimes I find some interesting photos on my camera from one of the girls (usually G.) as I did last night. The girls did a "bubbles study series." I'll refrain from posting the 100+ photos of this "series" here (as well as the cat series) but offer a peak in to my evening of photo downloads last night.






The cat "series" included many photos of Dulce playing with one of the girls with the laser toy.

It's a good thing digital cameras are around because if my shutter bug girls used a film camera, it would have cost me more than the additional external hard drive I have attached to my computer to keep up with their photography interest.

Oh, and the $1 bubble wands I picked up at WalMart last month and brought to Wells Reserve continue to entertain my girls. If you've got tween/teens, don't ever think they're too old to play with a cheap bottle of bubbles!

No comments: