Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ski jumping ... with bubbles on top

Just in case you thought L. limits her high jumping on or near mountain tops like Burnt Meadow Mountain


or at the river

or at the ocean

or after a 10-mile bike ride...
... I thought I'd let you know that she is also a fan of jumping while wearing her cross country skis too.



As you can see, L. does not jump off things (though with a bit of trick photography, she'd like you to think she does). No, she jumps while standing still wherever she might be just for the fun of it. Sort of like 2bie&newbie's notion of finding life's bubbles, L. jumps for the simple enjoyment she finds in doing it.


And let me clarify that jumping from a standing still position on cross country skis is no simple task. I gave it a whirl and it was a bit trickier than L. made it look.





During the recording of my ski jumping clip, G. offered a challenge. "Now for the moms who watch this. You must try it."

It might not be everyone's idea of fun but it made me laugh and I'd rate it as a "bubble" moment in  my life.

And <a href=http://raisingmaine.mainetoday.com/blogentry.html?id=10355>Sharon on the Bootstraps blog...</a> at least your rollerskating funky grooving didn't have video evidence.

No comments: