Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sprechen Sie Deutsch at the Almeida's

Tonight I checked my email and received an update about one of our geocaching travel bugs, Hiking Doggie. Although still in New Zealand, Hiking Doggie has some non-Englsih speaking hosts at the moment. The log entry is in German.

(Travel bugs are geocaching game pieces with a dog tag that travels from geocache to geocache. We have 6 and track them through geocaching.com).

This is what is so great about the game - you never know where your travel bug will end up or how another geocacher in the world will surprise you. After a quick web search - and a guess what language the entry was in - I was able to translate the log entry. If I understand correctly - big IF there - we might see a new photo of Hiking Doggie soon.

This is one more reason why I love my kids. I can be the big geek that I am and enjoy this stuff all in the name of international education for them.

No comments: