Monday, August 14, 2006

Lots of lovin' care

Over the weekend the kids found a snake in our driveway.


Last summer they had found a similar snake with one distinct difference - it was paralized. Yeah, he couldn't move anything other than his tongue. I didn't think the snake would live more than a few days and agreed to let the girls put it in an old aquarium in the house.

The girls helped the snake drink water and caught tiny bugs to feed it. They took such good care of that snake that he lived for several months. My friends would often look at me like I was crazy when I explained that we had a paralized snake (in addition to the chickens, ducks and blind cat).

We've got a little of everything at our house I'd say.

And speaking of our cat Toddy, he was sporting a new wardrobe last night thanks to L. She thought it was chilly in the house and wanted to make sure Toddy was warm.


I don't think anyone could question that our animal friends get a lot of loving care from the Almeida girls.

No comments: