Sunday, July 3, 2005

"King Wacker" at the driving range

After some discussion about what new outdoor adventure we should try for my next Outdoors with Children column, my crew decided to hit the driving range. There's one close to our house and with a busy camp schedule and upcoming vacation (we'll be in NYC next week visiting our cousins) it seemed a good time to try it.

I know nothing about golf. I've never been on a fairway unless you count the winter sledding I did once in high school at a course. Fino doesn't golf either but he loves to go to the driving range. Why? "Because you get to wack the balls really hard."

And it turned out Fino was the king "wacker." His golf balls fell between the 175-250 marker range while the kids barely made the 50 marker. No matter though. We laughed a lot at my ineptness and the many swings -- and misses -- that went on through the 100+ golf balls we had.

And of course the kids found many new ways to use the golfing equipment after we ran out of golf balls.

There were the driver club jumps by G.




And the new fashion wear by L.

driverange_blog.jpg\


And for the record, I do not coach these photos. It's all them.....

No comments: