Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Kiss my (behind) sentiments

Last night L. and I went to the Pirates play-off game (no one else wanted to come with us - those lukewarm fans!) and sat behind an enthusiastic, vocal Providence Bruins fan. He and Crackers had some "words" (which really was all in good fun). 080506pirates_blog1.jpg Crackers parting sentiment had everyone around us roaring with laughter. 080506pirates_blog2.jpg It took L. a minute to catch on but when she worked it out, she thought it was hysterical. The giggles continued through the car ride home. I'm certain this hockey "action" is going to mull around in that spunky 10-year-old brain for quite some time -- with her own own variation likely to make an appearance at a TBA public location soon. I've told her this is not something she should mimmick but she's 10 and she's my L. and it's the kind of thing, when the timing is right (read: worst place to embarass her mom), it's just going to happen. But these are the sacrafices I make as a hockey fan. The Pirates won last night's game (without OT which I'm grateful that I could get home at a reasonable hour) and are now off to Providence to finish up this round of play-offs. The team needs one more win for the Atlantic Division championship and move to the next round of play-offs. Go Pirates!

No comments: