Sunday, November 4, 2007

Bam-Bams, new fan page, 10-seconds of fame

The Bam-Bams were back at the Pirates game last night and the girls were all smiles about that. The guys drinking beer next to me said they'd apologize at the beginning of the game for the occasional curse word they might utter during the game around my kids. I supposed I should have done something similar for the family sitting in front of us for the random swing of the Bam-Bams by my crew. But it was an enthusiastic and pleasant crowd in our section and everyone got along just fine.

We were a little late getting to the game so I didn't make my way around the stands for Seen Team like I usually do but the fans I did catch were all decked out in their Pirates gear.
Seen Team at the game last night

MaineToday also has a new Pirates FAN page where you can upload your own game photos, post commentary about the game and read Eric Weinrich's blog. We compiled some videos on a YouTube playlist for this season so if you catch some video from a game this year let me know and I'll get it on the playlist!

L. wanted to know if she and her friend A. could be Seen Team's "Fan of the Night" sometime but I told her the Seen Team couldn't choose themselves. She was willing (although reluctantly) to forgo the prize -- a really spiffy orange water bottle with the Seen Team logo and free tickets to another game -- because she just wanted her and A.'s picture to be on the scoreboard.

As things have a way of working out, she and A. did end up catching the eye of the roaming video camera during their enthusiastic rendition of YMCA and had their 10 seconds of fame on the board last night. They couldn't have been happier about it.

BamBams and 10-seconds of fame on the scoreboard

No comments: