Friday, July 6, 2007

Drawing nature, creative license and staying still

Yesterday was a quiet morning for us so the girls and I decided to sit in our backyard and draw for a while.



L. likes to draw so I try to encourage her as often as I can.

G. thought the flowers were too hard to draw and she was tired of the drawing trees (after drawing one) so she took some creative license with the daisies and drew "pretty purple flowers because they are prettier." Apparently she felt the same about our white ducks too.

G. enjoys drawing too but more from her imagination that what she's looking at.

L. decided to draw the chickens but it was hard to capture much detail because they kept moving around or sitting in their holes.


So she asked her sister to help.

G. caught a hen and held her still while L. and I tried to draw her.

Next time the chickens will likely run away a little faster. L. wanted a full wing view and her sister helped the hen accomodate her.


And as I've mentioned many times, chickens are really entertaining to watch especially when they're digging their holes.


I guess the difference between dogs and chickens is that dogs don't lie around in their holes all day. The chickens use their holes to take dirt baths and sleep. Or maybe dogs do the same?

I'm thinking maybe it's a little weird that I don't know ...

No comments: