Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Chocolate ban over, bring on the dairy

I actually received a couple of emails, a phone call and talked with some friends today, all wondering how we were handling the Pirate's loss last night. I had to laugh because I really didn't think anyone wanted to hear any more about hockey from me.

So the short answer to that question from G. is, "we are sad."

But it was such an exciting season, particularly the last few play-off games, that we can only thank the team for such a great season. We can't wait until next year!

L., in her special logic, had this to say about the game last night:

    "I listened to the game on the computer and I was sad when they lost. And they shouldn't have hurt Shane O'Brien! (He was hit against the boards by a couple of Bears and left the ice because he was bleeding. He did return to the game later.) But (she said this sadly) I ate a fudgical and that was what made them lose. "
But L. isn't quite done with hockey for the season. She asked me to find the Milwaukee Admirals website because she wants them to win now. She really didn't like the Hershey players because she thought they were "really mean." And her notion was reinforced at Game 5 when Hershey's Robitaille cussed out the fans in the stands during a break in play (we were in the 3rd row and the colorful language was quite clear).

So what is L's game plan?

"Now I'm going to eat lots of cheese and milk. They are my favorites. It will be easy to give them (Admirals) good luck!"

Then Fino added, "... and Daddy will drink the beer."

No comments: