Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A big WOW on Google Earth

Have you seen Google Earth?

The company describes their new site as, "Hi-res views of cities around the world. Offers maps and satellite images for complex or pinpointed regional searches."

Sounds nice but might not really strike your fancy until you try to find your office building on the Earth site (fyi: I did have to download some free software to use the map that took less than a minute).

I just checked out the site and WOW. Now I understand why the military is so worked up about it.


The MaineToday.com offices with road indicators.




I zoomed in as far as the resolution quality would allow of the MT offices. Nice green roofing on Portland City Hall across the street. And if you look really close you can see some cars parked on Congress Street. Of course this is just a screen shot, sized for my blog. I could actually see those cars on the site.

No comments: