Sunday, July 2, 2006

Purple pine cones, a bunny and a snowman

We went to the Arboretum in Augusta the other day and even though thunderstorms were threatening, we managed to explore quite a few of the trails (and have a quick picnic) before the storm.

The girls took over the camera for most of the hike and continue to surprise and amuse me every time I download the pictures.

So here are the photo highlights of the Arboretum from their perspective.


G. caught me once again in the act of of trying to wrangle L's hair into a ponytail before we hit the trail.

 

Lupine is L.'s favorite wildflower.





The kids loved the hosta garden. They spent a long time reading all the names of the plants and laughing about some of them. "Elvis Lives" is the real name of that plant. I never knew hosta gardeners had such a sense of humor.


 OK, what kind of tree is this? I thought it was a spruce variety but then started over-thinking it after looking at the Balsam Fir. I don't think I've ever seen purple pine cones. Post a comment if you know what it is.



I took this photo and asked L. if she could have tried to be more careful in the marsh. "Well look at you mommy!"



Ooops.



"There's a snowman and a bunny!" And I have to agree with her yet again, that I see that too.

No comments: